I'm looking for within of

Finding a GP, dentist and other NHS services

Leaving the armed forces can be a stressful time for the serving individual, as well as their family.

Adapting to life on civilian life can bring challenges, but taking care of your health needs and those of your dependents should be one of your priorities.

You can make the transition easier for you and your family by following this simple checklist:

Register with a GP and a dentist

Upon leaving the care of the Defence Medical Services, registering with a GP and telling them you’ve served will:

  • inform services of your new location
  • put you in touch with your local health visitor
  • ensure you have easy access to services
  • ensure medical records are transferred quickly

You can either register with an NHS or private dentist in your area. Again, it’s important to register as quickly as possible.

If you or any members of your family have an ongoing health need or any special requirements, it’s important to inform the GP and other health and care services in your area as soon as possible. This will ensure that your health needs are met and the care you currently receive continues.