Map Croydon University Hospital,530 London Road, Croydon, CR7 7YE
Main Switchboard – 020 8401 3000
You can self-refer by completing and submitting this form.
Croydon University Hospital’s birth centre is within the maternity unit, next door to the hospital delivery suite.
The birth centre offers sensitive, individualised midwifery care to women, who are not anticipating any problems, during their labour, and give birth to their babies in a relaxed home from home environment.
We’ll help you decide where to have your baby and also offer advice on your choices. You can choose to have your baby:
- At home
- In our birth centre
- In our delivery suite
Specialist services include:
- Neonatal intensive care unit; Fetal medicine service;
- High risk labour ward;
- Specialist help for women with HIV;
- Support for women with Mental Health issues;
- Diabetic service;
- Support for pregnanct women with heart disease;
- Clinic for women with a history of previous loss or early pregnancy;
- Support for women who have had Female Genital Mutilation;
- Support for women who have had a caesarian section but want a natural birth;
- Teenage pregnancy clinic and specialist caseloading support;
- Raised Body Mass Index (BMI) support;
- Renal and sickcle cell referral centre;
- ECV breech clinic
There is car parking available at this hospital.
At Croydon University Hospital you can have your baby at:
The Birth Centre has three birthing rooms and 2 delivery pools
Facilities include :Individual rooms, complete with bath or birthing pool, beanbags, subtle lighting and a home-like atmosphere.
Phone: 020 8401 3169
The Delivery Suite has 11 ensuite birthing rooms
Facilities include: Bright fresh decor with adjustable lightenting, individual tempreture control and comfort cooling, to allow women experience as normal labour and birth in a calm and comfortable environment.
All rooms have computers so that midwives can update information whilst maintaining patient confidentiality.
Phone 01708 435 213 / 01708 435 371
The antenatal ward has 10 rooms. Phone 020 8401 3000 ext 4202
The postnatal wards have 3 beds. Partners are welcome to stay overnight.
Home birth are available for women who live in the Croydon Hospital area.
The Crocus Team offers a personalised home birth service that puts women and their families at the centre of our care. This exceptional service is provided by a team of passionate, highly motivated NHS midwives with expert knowledge and experience across all aspects of pregnancy, birth and postnatal care whilst specialising in home birth.