Switchboard numbers: 0208 725 1710 / 0208 725 1734 / 0208 725 2712
Antenatal Clinic: 020 8725 1708
Maternity Unit (Labour Ward): 020 8767 4654
You can self-refer by completing and submitting this form.
At St George’s Hospital you can have your baby at:
Telephone number 020 8725 2039. Carmen Suite has 3 delivery rooms, all singe occupacy.
The delivery suite has 14 rooms (all single occupancy), 2 high dependency rooms, 2 operating theatres. Telephone number: 020 8767 4654
Specialist services at St Georges:
The delivery suite delivers almost 5,000 babies a year. There is a specialist regional service for complicated pregnancies. There are specialist clinics for women with medical problems, such as diabetes, and there is also a teenage pregnancy clinic.
Specialist services include: specialist diabetic team; vulnearble caseloadng team; deidicated vbac team. Both clinicians and midwives provide maternity care at St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust’s Maternity Department. Services include an early pregnancy assessment clinic, antenatal and postnatal clinics, and a day assessment unit for pregnancy problems.
Other specialist services:
- Fetal medicine service including Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT)
- Day assessment unit for monitoring pregnancy
- Support for women with infectious diseases including HIV
- Support for women with perinatal mental health issues
- Specialist support for women with medical conditions in pregnancy (maternal medicine)
- Support for women with a history of pregnancy loss
- Support multiple pregnancy and births
- Specialist support for women who have had Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Support for women wanting virginal birth after caesarean section (VBAC)
- Specialist support for young parents
- Specialist support for women with raised BMI including Healthy Lifestyle Planning
- Support for smoking cessation including CO monitoring and nicotine replacement
Car parking is free between 10:00 p.m. and 06:00 a.m. Free disabled parking is available